Call for Expression of Interest
Service needs assessment for the Trade Unions in North Macedonia
Confederation of Free Trade Unions of Macedonia – KSS
A number of progress reports by the European Commission indicate a need to further develop social dialogue among the social partners in North Macedonia. To this end, the International Labour Organization assists the country in its endeavors to advance the social dialogue as an essential element of the European Social Model, which promotes competitiveness, sharing of gains and enhancing economic prosperity and social well-being. This assistance is channeled through the project Strengthening Social Dialogue, funded by the European Union and implemented by the International Labour Organization.
Scope of the assignment
As trade unions are struggling to gain strength and momentum to create bigger organizations able to better represent workers at national and local levels, there is a need to improve the scope and quality of its services toward their members as well as to make its work more visible to the public.
The Member Needs Assessment will require multiple interviews with key stakeholders that will assist in developing a complete picture of KSS and how it is viewed by its stakeholders. The interviews will seek to get critical and honest assessment on service(s) needs in order to identify the range of services that members would genuinely need and that would attract new members. In addition, there is a need to identify how to ensure the sustainability of the new service(s).
Objective of the assignment
The overall objective of the survey is to provide:
- A brief diagnostic review of KSS;
- SWOT analysis of the value of KSS and where it is strong and where it is weak; what opportunities exist for its agenda and what threats there are to it;
- Develop a suggested way forward for developing relevant services to members and potential members. The recommendations should include specific services and how KSS can start providing new and/or enhance existing services.
Suggest ways to measure increased number and quality of new and enhanced services.
Duration of the assignment
The assignment will be carried out over the period June-August 2019.
Application of External Collaborators/Consulting companies
The external consultants and/or consulting companies interested to collaborate with the IPA/ILO project on Strengthening Social Dialogue in the above areas of expertise are kindly requested to submit their expression of interest by 17 June 2019 to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Experience in the corresponding area of expertise;
- University Degree in the relevant area;
- Fluency in English and familiarity with professional terminology;
- Strong analytical skills and practical experience in similar type of work;
- Client-oriented approach, namely tact and ability to work with people and effective provision of services;
- Ability to manage the flow of information and adhere to deadlines and commitments;
- Bank account suitable for receiving transfers from abroad.
Companies should submit the following:
- Company overview
- Prior experience in the relevant field
- List of references
Individual collaborators should submit the following:
– Curriculum Vitae
– Brief description indicating that they have appropriate professional knowledge and experience to participate in the mentioned project activity
According to ILO project rules, experts cannot be civil servants. The ILO retains the right to accept or reject any application. Selection of candidates will be done according to ILO project procedures. Candidates will be contacted by the activity coordinator and they will receive the terms of reference with detailed requirements and descriptions of tasks. All candidates selected for a particular assignment will sign an external collaboration contract with the ILO for the specific task and for a specific duration; this by no means constitutes permanent employment by the ILO or any prospect thereof.
You can see the entire call with a detailed explanation of the tasks, objectives and conditions on the links below: