The Confederation of Free Trade Unions of Macedonia held a press conference, on which, as several times previously, expressed the reactions about:
– non-functioning and disrespect of social dialogue and social partnership;
– violation of laws, the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia, conventions of the International Labor Organization and the suspension of collective agreements;
– an intrusion into KSS trade union organizations for violently changing President, pressures for union membership, an attack on the peak of KSS;
– attempts to silence the KSS in a variety of ways because of our legitimate demands;
“Despite our publicly expressed views, despite the many reactions from international trade unions and the indication of violations of the laws and conventions of the International Labor Organization ratified in the Assembly of the Republic of Macedonia, which are binding, despite our announced protest on 17.01.2018, for which we informed the Government of the Republic of Macedonia and the competent ministries, the silence, ignoring, discriminating, pressures, dismissals from the work continued, but not the responsibility to sit at the table with the representative trade unions and to discuss and knew the solution to our legitimate demands for improving the standard of employees in the public sector in accordance with the laws and collective agreements, “said the President, Blagoja Ralpovski.
Therefore, KSS today confirms its position and readiness to defend its rights from the decision taken on December 21, 2017 at the KSS Conference, the highest body between the two congresses.
The public warning will be held on January 17, 2018 in front of the GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA, starting at 5 minutes by 12 o’clock.
REQUIREMENTS TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA
-Immediately, and no later than 16 January 2018, the President of the Government of the Republic of Macedonia or authorized representatives from him should organize a working meeting with the KSS leadership in order to agree on joint solutions to overcome the conditions that are the reason for organizing the PUBLIC WARNING PROTEST .
– Immediately cease the pressures on public sector employees, in particular the pressure on trade union representatives and the attempt to conceal the trade union movement.
– Immediate approach to harmonization of public sector wages in line with the increase in the minimum wage from October 2017.
– Immediately start negotiations on increasing public sector wages without discrimination on certain activities.
– Immediately start negotiations to amend the General Collective Agreement for the public sector in order to raise labor rights in the area of past labor, the right to recourse to annual leave and maternity leave.
– It is compulsory to harmonize the requirements for public sector wages between representative trade unions and the Government, before any budget planning of the Republic of Macedonia.
All trade unions in the Republic of Macedonia, as well as other civil and non-governmental organizations, are invited to participate in the Public warning protest on the basis of solidarity support with their representatives.